Please note this discretionary grant scheme is separate from the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant. We will be contacting those eligible businesses separately by email.
For the purpose of this scheme the Council has decided that the following eligibility criteria must be met in order to receive an Additional Restrictions Grant:
Support will be provided to those businesses that may have been severely impacted by the current restrictions and uncertainty caused by the Omicron variant, including those outside of the business rates system.
Businesses must fall into one of the following sectors:
(a) Hospitality, Accommodation and Leisure for businesses outside of the business rates system only;
(b) Personal care;
(c) Travel and tourism including group travel, travel agents and tour operators, coach operators;
(d) Wedding industries;
(g) Events Industries;
(i) English Language Schools;
(k) Freelance and Mobile businesses (including caterers, events, hair, beauty and wedding related businesses);
(m) other businesses that may not have received other grants funding;
The Council has decided that grant awards will be based on the following:
• A business that is run from a domestic property or does not pay rent for a business premises will receive a one-off payment.
• A business that does not operate from a business rated premises but pays rent for a property used for business purposes will receive one grant per business.
• A business that operates from a business rated property will receive a grant payment based on the rateable value at 30 December 2021
£15,000 or under
£15,001 to £50,999
£51,000 or over
Payments will be made once the application has been checked and assessed.
The grant awards will be based on the number of successful applications.
Council has complete discretion to determine and change the amount of grant award to businesses and there will be no right of appeal against the amount.
To make an online claim you will need to provide details about the business, this could be:
• Your business rate account reference if applicable
• Your Company Registration Number (CRN) if applicable
• Your VAT Registration Number if applicable
• Bank account details
• You will be required to submit evidence to support your claim
Businesses will be required to confirm that all of these criteria apply when making an application. Action will be taken should an application be found to be deliberately false and/or fraudulent.
Businesses must not be in administration, insolvent or subject to a striking off notice.
All applications will be validated and a determination made as to whether the business is eligible for a grant and how much.Please note that no payments will be made until the extended application deadline of Friday 11th February has passed and all applications have been assessed.
Start a form
To start an application. Click on the start button: