Test and Trace Self-Isolation Support Payment

About this form

On 20 September 2020 the Government announced a new national Test and Trace Support scheme, which started on 28 September 2020, for certain employed or self-employed people who are required by law to self-isolate. If you have been told by the NHS to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus COVID-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive (and you are not exempt from self-isolation), you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period if you cannot work from home and have lost income. Please note that the Test and Trace Payment is taxable if you are a taxpayer but it is not subject to National Insurance Contributions. HMRC will automatically collect tax from your pay through your tax code, or self-employed recipients should report the payment on their 20/21 Self-Assessment tax return. This form is an application for the financial support. For further information please follow the link below:

New package to support and enforce self-isolation (GOV.UK website)

From 8 March 2021, the scheme has been expanded so parents or guardians who are not legally required to self-isolate can apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment or discretionary payment if they need to take time off work to care for a child or young person who is self-isolating.

How much funding will be provided?

If you are required, by law, from 28 September 2020 to self-isolate, you may be entitled to a lump sum payment of £500 to cover your period of isolation. This payment is targeted at people who are employed or self-employed and on means-tested benefits who cannot work from home and have lost income while in isolation as a result.

This form is provided to capture the information required by Stroud District Council to verify your eligibility for payment of the grant.

Before you start

You will need the following information and documentation to complete this form and please note that no claim will be paid if these items are not supplied. Further, be aware that no claim can be paid if you have not taken a follow up PCR to confirm a positive Lateral Flow Test (LFT) as we cannot pay on an LFT alone.

• A copy of your latest bank statement (one issued within the last two months which must clearly show proof of earnings if you are employed, and which displays your name, address, account number, sort code and balance). THIS IS A MANDATORY DOCUMENT.

• Proof of self-employment e.g. most recent set of accounts or evidence of latest self-assessment return showing the calculation for income and expenses. THIS IS A MANDATORY DOCUMENT if you are self-employed.

• Proof of your notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate, following a PCR test, which will have your unique Test and Trace Account ID (8 digits) on it. THIS IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT.

• Your national insurance number

If you are claiming as a parent or guardian of a child or young person you must meet all of the requirements of the scheme (and please also provide your own 8 digit Account ID) and you MUST provide:

• The name and age of the child who is self-isolating

• That child's education or care setting and year group including an email or phone number for the setting

• And:

        ◦ the child's eight-digit NHS Test and Trace ID number. This is for parents and guardians of children or young people who have received a notification directly from NHS Test and Trace telling them to self-isolate, and

        ◦ your own 8 digit Account ID as you will be a close contact of the positive child, and

        ◦ a screenshot of a young person's NHS COVID-19 App notification telling them to self-isolate AND evidence that the young person has an Education, Health and Care Plan. This is for parents or guardians of young people aged 16-25 who have additional support needs and who have been notified to self-isolate by the NHS COVID-19 App

Please note: If you are self-isolating yourself then please do not claim as being a parent or guardian of a young person who is self-isolating but make a claim in your own right

Start a form

Choose this option to start a new application. Click on the start button: